class 3
I learned to cap tonight! OK, the rest of the class figured it out last week and I got individual help, but I got it. Have my thumb on the pipe so I can just bend it on to the end.
Oops. Know what popping a balloon is like? There are times when it is inappropriate to cap.
Did I not explain this term? Put a puff of air in the pipe and seal it with your thumb until the bubble grows.
We made ornaments. Mostly round things of varying sizes. Good thing quality control is loose. ;) Tilt one way to make longer and another to make wider. Cool bits off that you don't want to expand as you blow.
If your ornament gets to hot, it can colapse. Remove from glow hole quickly and blow gently (not the other way around). Merry Christmas Dad! (You are going to have a hard time obtaining the yellow flower I made with you in mind.)
I think I am finally starting to get better at gently applying constant pressure to start jack lines. Also learning how to fix it if I start to spiral. Maybe even avoid other problems by (remember this one?) Keep it turning.
Still working at grabbing glass smoothly....
Looking forward to showing you pictures of last week's bits, but not tonight. After class we ground down the attaches for our paper weights. Two more snowmen in the name of practicing jack lines. 3 flowers, two with color.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home